The word pathetic is inadequate to describe how pathetic India’s pathetic batting display was in the game last night. It is time we welcome back our former captain and (former) batsman Sourav Ganguly to the team. Here’s why…
- Sourav is the king of offside play. You could pay an entire month’s set-top box subscription just to watch that cover drive.
- The 10 or 15 runs Suresh Raina scores, Ganguly will be able to score them with ease.
- People won’t be able to raise questions like, “If performance is the criterion, why is Sehwag still playing?”
- Since the Indian team’s cricket isn’t worth watching, we could at least have some Chappell-Ganguly showdowns to look forward to.
- If, perchance, India were to win a game (against the likes of Namibia, Surinam, Burkina Faso etc), the dressing room would come alive, what with Ganguly’s shirt-swirling and a selection of the choicest expletives.
- The Indian team desperately needs a bowler who can bat.
- Sourav would attract all the criticism, and hence the others can play without much scrutiny. He is the kind of pressure-reliever our underperforming boys would want.
- A better player would be given a chance to play for Bengal’s Ranji Trophy side.
- Shoaib Akhtar won’t play cricket for a year; so dada won’t be anyone’s bunny any time soon.
- You would be relieved of that sick commercial, “Mein hoon Sourav Ganguly… ooh, aah (ouch!) India!”
No related posts.